Editor

My photo
Panama City, Florida, United States
Bay County Republican: the truth about what is going on in GOP local politics

Monday, September 22, 2008

Why I am supporting John McCain


By Louis William Rose
Jacksonville, FL


I am supporting John McCain because I am a member of the Republican party, and he is the nominee of our party. That is the main reason, because I have sworn an oath to support Republicans when they run for office, and when I say I am going to do something I try with all my strength to do it. I expect my friends to do what they say they will do and to keep their promises. I expect my intimate true friends to keep their promises to me even it means their very life is forfeit, for that is what I intend to do if I make a promise to them. I am amazed that anyone can do otherwise and still show their face in public and if I were King I would hang those who do one thing and say another, especially in politics. But (sigh) that is of course why I do not intend to run for office. If , IF I say, if the day should ever come when I feel that I can no longer support the Republican Party, that will be the day when I resign from it, formally, and speak loudly and longly and publicly my criticisms of it. That is what the honorable man should do . But today, I am supporting John McCain because I am a member of the Republican party, and he is this nominee of our party, and I am a proud Republican. I am opposed to those individuals who do not support Republicans, and who do not support the Republican Party. I do not want to see them get their candidates elected, I do not want to see them elected. I only want to see them convinced to become Republicans.
John McCain is not perfect man (surprise!) and I have some issues I would dearly love to discuss with him at length. Nevertheless we are both veterans and he is a combat veteran who loves America. I believe his experience as a prisoner of war has caused him to devote his life as a servant of his country. I trust the confidence that the men who were imprisoned with him have in him. I know that he will never allow torture, and will punish those who do. I trust him to do what he thinks is best for the country in his heart, and I know that he has Sarah Palin, who I think is better qualified than McCain, Obama, Biden, Hillary, Bush II, Bill Clinton, Bush I, and Jimmy Carter. Better qualified than all of them, and after a little seasoning will be as qualified as Reagan ever was. I am delighted with McCain's choice for a running mate, and I trust him all the more for it.
Meanwhile I continue to work within the party to see that it moves in the right direction, back where it came from. We are the party who ended slavery, we are the party who believes in liberty, we are the party who believes in less government, and lower taxes, and more guns in the hands of our citizens. We have failed as a people to bear our responsiblity as political actors. We must move and move quickly to re-secure our liberty, and limited government in the State of Florida. We must do everything that can be done, here first, and then later we and other like minded Republicans can put Washington aright. But today our mission is to support John McCain, with our time, and our money, and our vote and our loud voices. Vote for John McCain! God Bless the United States and the Republican Party!

No comments: