Editor

My photo
Panama City, Florida, United States
Bay County Republican: the truth about what is going on in GOP local politics

Monday, November 10, 2008

Veterans Day: Honoring our wounded warriors


Support the Wounded Warrior Project

Only a few pay the price of the freedoms that 305 million people enjoy here in the United States.
Those few gave arms and legs for you and me. They sacrificed the ability to see, hear and walk. They returned from Afghanistan and Iraq with brain injuries, combat stress, and terrible burns.
Let us use Veterans Day as an opportunity to thank you for all you do to help our warriors heal from tragic wounds of war - troops like Marissa Strock who sacrificed both legs and suffered many other wounds in Iraq.
Because of what you made possible, one wounded warrior like Marissa said it all in just two short sentences: "After I was injured, I didn't know what I was going to be able to do. WWP got me to realize I can do things, even things I never tried before."
Savor that quote tomorrow on Veterans Day. Each time you give to the Wounded Warrior Project, you earn the gratitude we hear from our wounded troops.
As I send you my best for Veterans Day, it's not too late to send your Veterans Day Gift to America's wounded warriors.

Do it now. And thank you for making every day Veterans Day through the Wounded Warrior Project.

John Melia, Executive Director
Wounded Warrior Project

No comments: