Editor

My photo
Panama City, Florida, United States
Bay County Republican: the truth about what is going on in GOP local politics

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Greer courts RNC members


From the Miami Herald

Check out the letter the RPOF chairman Jim Greer wrote to RNC members on the jump. He has not decided if he is running for RNC chair but says he'll have a decision soon.

Dear Fellow RNC Member:

First let me wish you and your family a Happy New Year, and I hope you
are enjoying the holidays and taking some well-deserved rest.

As the election for RNC Chairman approaches, I want to commend each of
you for your service to the Republican Party. I also want to thank those
of you who have called and sent notes of encouragement regarding my
potential candidacy for RNC Chair.

In deciding whether to seek the Chairmanship, I am considering many
factors, including my commitment to the Republican Party of Florida. I
am dedicated to working with the many staff, county leaders, and
volunteers who are working to build upon the many victories we have
accomplished in the Sunshine State. I am also focused on fostering an
open discussion on the future of the Republican Party.

While I continue to consider these factors, I will not make a decision
whether to seek the Chairmanship or support a candidate until we have
all had the chance to listen to the views of the current candidates at
the upcoming Americans for Tax Reform debate and hear their beliefs on
the direction our Party should take.

The Republican Party faces a tremendous opportunity in the coming days.
We cannot let this opportunity slip through our fingers. To be
successful, we must remain committed to our Party's values and
principles, while focusing on the issues discussed at family dinner
tables across the nation.

Friends, let us remember that every one of the candidates who seek the
RNC Chairmanship are remarkable Republican leaders who have served our
Party with distinction.

I look forward to seeing each of you soon and discussing the future of
our great Party.

Warmest Regards,
Jim Greer

No comments: