Editor

My photo
Panama City, Florida, United States
Bay County Republican: the truth about what is going on in GOP local politics

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Interview with Vice-Chairman candidate Dennis Dillenschneider


What are the lessons you learned from the 2008 campaign?

Locally, I learned many new party procedures during this past Presidential election by being more active in the headquarters and being proactive in my precinct. It is so great to a part of the grass roots of a political party because that is where the message is carried out to the voters by the foot soldiers. Bay County still has a very strong conservative populace. Plus I saw that without the dedication of the volunteers at the grass roots a candidate has little chance.

Nationally, our party’s lessons learned can vary from each individual personal perception. I personally learned that the party truly needs new shining stars that brighten the faces of people and give hope to a world that has truly been allowed to become too tolerant of everyone’s feelings.

Is there anything about the Bay County REC you would change?


Yes, I would implement organizational skills in our HQ and all phases of our duties, volunteers and officials. Plus I believe we can lead the other counties in the state in revitalizing the party by leading the way with new initiatives. I believe we can lead the way in our Congressional District (CD) and help other CD’s with a statewide alliance. Also, I would like it known that all of the current officers, REC members and volunteers did a wonderful job this past election.

Why did the GOP lose Florida? How much blame would you assign Chairman Greer?

The party in my opinion lost Florida and many other key states in the electoral process due to its leaders relying on our past accomplishments and who we had years ago. We are the party that Lincoln and Regan were part of; however, they have come and gone. We need new beacons of lights to follow and promote. Lincoln and Regan laid the foundation for us to build upon if we keep looking backwards in history we will never look forward.

I would not put the blame all on Chairman Greer. No one person failed the party. Candidates lose elections because they failed to get their message across to motivate the voters to believe in the them.

How do you feel about Governor Crist? Would you encourage him to campaign in NW Florida more?

I am not very happy with some of the decisions that Governor Crist has made. Especially his decision to monetarily award one family for the death of a son without due process of the law and flagrantly disregard the court ordered award against the state given to another family who’s child could not even purchase depends. Now this “Democrat friendly” Governor wants to cut the budgets again for the public schools. No one likes any new taxes but we are letting our greed get in the way of ensuring the future is in the care of well educated children today. He has also let Mental Health services go unfunded over the past two years. While working as the network engineer for Life Management Center I saw first hand how our society wants to just sweep this problem under the carpet. Tallahassee talk has started again about punishing those who smoke and drink with an increase on tax to pay for funding needed. I do not smoke or condone drinking in excess for the reason just to drink but I do not believe we need to punish a select few for needs of the many. We need a Governor that will walk tall, speak straight and have similar core values that the Republican party has been known for.


RPOF allocated NO money to the 2nd Congressional District for an opponent to Allen Boyd in 2008. This implies he cannot be beaten. Do you share this view? Would you fight for this funding as Chairman?

I can not give an honest intelligent answer to this question without more facts; there are always two sides to every story and I do not why RPOF failed to help a candidate as well mannered as Mr. Mulligan. However, I do feel that more money spent could have made a difference in the race.

As an elected official I will use as much persuasion as possible to gain more funding for a candidate.

What are your ideas about technology and how it can be used by the GOP?

Technology is growing by leaps and bounds each and every day. The GOP needs to be on the cutting edge of the technology sword and use the newest innovative ideas to reach the public. We need to form a technology committee that will research every new idea and see how it can be used to help our party get our message out. The younger generation uses text messaging to keep in touch with each other and share their thoughts rapidly. We need to use “You Tube”, personal blogs, chatrooms, podcasts, PDA’s, cell phones, emails and the “Blackberry Army”.

Do we need a State GOP Convention here in Florida?


I believe we need to enhance the RPOF meetings that are already in place. However, I think it would be more beneficial to the elected officials of each counties party by setting up smaller visits to the surrounding local REC’s. Networking with each other and building alliances can help foster a true party unity in Florida. Smaller groups can also be a greater forum for information to be spread about a candidate. Just like a wildfire it only takes a spark to get going.

Who did you support in the GOP primary and why?

I supported Mitt Romney in the GOP primary. I felt he was the best candidate for the party and had a fresh approach for the party. However, he felt he needed to drop out of the race prematurely.

If you wish, I encourage you to make a closing statement here as to why REC members should support your candidacy.

I would like your support in electing me for office within the REC. I believe that I will serve you with the kind of conservative core values that have laid the foundation for our party and lead us in the future with a fresh approach that will bring prosperity to the American dream for us and future generations. I believe in myself, I have a very good sense of what is right and wrong based on the core values our forefathers laid out in the Constitution. For more information on me and the initiatives I will bring to the party if elected, you can visit the URL http://www.dillenschneider.com/political.htm. Thank you and may God bless you in every aspect of your life.

No comments: